1.24.2009

Zephaniah Tabernacle Concert

Another awesome gig.

Zephaniah Tabernacle (I had to google it to get the spelling correct) is a church in Springfield about a mile from the house Jenn and I used to live in on Laura Street....

This was their first "worship concert" with their new band/praise team and a live recording. We setup the night before at midnight, right after tearing down from youthquake the night before.

Before:

before

After:

Photobucket

Before:

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

All in all it was a good show.

The majority of the effect lighting came from 4 10' truss uprights with a Trackspot and a pair of LED 64's mounted on top. 8 Pars on a pair of tripods provided basic front light.

The back truss lights were ran by Chamsys on Andrew's laptop. I am still amazed at what you can do with the software and a USB>DMX box.

Photobucket

Here is a video of the band (and conregation) having a party between songs:


Photobucket

More pictures can be found on the good ole photobucket There were three cameras shooting the event for a promo video, when I get the DVD (and figure out how to rip DVD's) I will post the video for my MANY readers.

Photobucket

This is one of the ONLY shows in 10 years of lighting at various churches where the pastors invited me to come pray with the band back stage
Photobucket


I found this door sign - maybe I'll add "minister of education" to my resume and enclose this picture to prove it:
Photobucket

Believe it or not, I saw my second gold church chair less than 24 hours after seeing the first one at Paxon
Photobucket

1 comment:

Crystal G said...

I was thinking that before I met Daniel I had no idea what truss uprights with a Trackspot and a pair of LED 64's mounted on top meant.
Remember when I first started dating Daniel and you would talk and I'd stare out the window?